However printing and copying costs. You can use an unoccupied computer without booking but you can also book one beforehand. In order to use a computer you need a PIKI library card and a four-digit PIN-code.
You can use computers intended for patron use with your PIKI library card and a four-digit pin code. We have four computers for adults over 16 years old and four for children under the age of 16. You can log in to an unoccupied computer or reserve one beforehand via eBooking-system. The reservation system monitors logging in to the computer. The staff provides guidance in using computers, as needed.
We also have three computers for browsing PIKI net library. You do not need to book these computers beforehand. We do not recommend browsing other sites with these computers due to information security.
Please read the user regulations for customer computers!
- You can use customer computers by reservation or if there is an unoccupied computer, log in without a reservation. In order to make a reservation, you must have a library card and a four-digit pin code attached to your card. You can get both of them from the library.
- The maximum reservation time is two hours per day.
- You must start the customer computer use within 15 minutes of the start of the scheduled time. Otherwise, your reservation will be cancelled.
- Altering the settings on the computers, installation and removing of system software and applications, and other abnormal operation is forbidden. Accessing, browsing or posting offending or illegal material is also forbidden.
- Note that violation of these rules can lead to prohibition of workstation use.
All the customer computers (excluding computers intended for browsing PIKI net library) are capable of both black-and-white and colour printing. Copies and printouts are paid to the library’s customer service.
Charge for printouts and copies:
- Black-and-white copies and prints 40 cents (0,40 euros) / page
- Coloured or two-sided black-and-white copies and prints 80 cents (0,80 euros) / page
The library staff does not certify copies or signatures.
We have Hublet-tablets with an internet connection for customer use in the library. Hublet-tablets can only be used in the library premises. You can read a wide variety of e-newspapers and e-magazines and children can also play games installed to the tablets. You can borrow a tablet from a Hublet-dock situated near the customer service desk. In order to borrow a tablet, you need to have a PIKI library card and a four-digit pin code attached to it. Hublet will disconnect automatically after an hour of use. Please return the tablet to the Hublet-dock.