Our library is open to everyone. Everyone has access to the collections, services and public areas of the library. Please familiarize yourself with the PIKI-library guidelines.
PIKI net library is your library online where you can browse the library catalogue. PIKI net library covers the collections of all the PIKI libraries. You can also log in to reserve items or renew your loans. To log in, you need a library card and a four-digit PIN code, which you can obtain from any PIKI library. For further information, please visit PIKI net library or contact your library.
You need a library card for borrowing items, and reserving a computer at the library. The card can be obtained at library customer service, where you have to present your passport or identification card. PIKI library cards from any other library in the Pirkanmaa region are also valid in Valkeakoski. The first library card is free-of-charge.
If you lose your library card, please report this immediately to the library. You are responsible for any misuse of the card until a report has been made. For further information, please visit PIKI net library.
Every time you borrow books or other material, you have to present your library card. The loan period is 28, 14 or 7 days depending on the material you borrow. You can check the due date from the receipt. Borrowed material shall be renewed or returned by the due date free of charge to any Valkeakoski public library unit. Transportation fee of 2 euro per item will be charged if the loan is returned to any other PIKI library.
Loans can be renewed up to five times if nobody else has reserved the item. You can renew your loans in the library, in PIKI net library, or by calling. If you want to keep your loans even longer, you must bring them to the library and renew them there. Then you can again renew your loans five times without taking them to the library.
If the item you want has been borrowed out, you can make a reservation. It is also possible to reserve books online. The reservation costs 1 euro from our local collections or 2 euro transported from other PIKI libraries.
Most of the library services are free-of-charge but we do have some fees and chargeable services. You must replace or pay for all lost or damaged library materials.
Overdue charges for library materials
- 0,30 e/item/day. Maximum fee 9 e per item.
- Notification demanding items to be returned 1 e/notice
Replacement of a library card
- The first library card is free-of-charge.
- Replacement card after the first one is 2 euros.
- Reserving items from the Valkeakoski public library collections is free of charge. However, if you do not collect your reservation, the fee is 1 euro.
- When reserving from another PIKI library, the cost is 2 e/item.
- Ordering materials from Finnish libraries is 5 e/item.
- Photocopies 2 e plus 0,50 e/page
Photocopies and printouts
- One-sided black-and-white copy/print: 0,50 e
- One-sided coloured or two-sided black-and-white copy/print: 1,00 e
- Plastic bags: 0,30 e/bag
- DVDs and CDs (blank discs): 2 e/disc